Monday 16 April 2012

16042012: The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy

The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams
Page Count: 159 pages

Genres: Science Fiction / Humour / Fantasy
Synopsis: The story is legendary. Arthur Dent, mild-mannered, out-to-lunch earthling, is plucked from his planet by his friend Ford Prefect just seconds before it was demolished to make way for a hyperspace bypass. Ford, posing as an out-of-work actor, is a researcher for The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. Together they begin their now-famous intergalactic journey through time, space and lunch.
My Review: I don't think there are that many people who haven't read this book, and if you haven't read it then I'm pretty sure it's on your wishlist. If its not then I am taken back in surprise! The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy is easily one of the funniest books I have ever had the pleasure to read and is the definition of random. I'm not sure how to physically explain my love for this book without giving away too much because lets be honest if you have read it then you know full well I literally can't explain the basics of the story line because it's far from basic. This was the second time that I've read this book and I hope this year I'll get through the full series. I highly recommend this book and I'm assuming the rest of the series is just as good.
Recommend: Completely

GR
Amazon: UK | US

2 comments:

  1. Love this book and also the TV series. My favourite character was Marvin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same! Such a good movie, had no idea it was a TV series though.

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by and commenting, we'll stop by and return the favour soon so feel free to share links.

Captcha is turned off for your convenience, if its magically turned on let us know.